Surprise! I'm going to write on my blog! I think I don't post very often for maybe two reasons. 1) My life is not super exciting, so writing about it is not exciting either. 2) I feel weird just talking about myself when no one asked to hear.
Anyway, here's an update on my life (since the people who might read this don't already know):
I'm going back to school. Nothing fancy, just a few classes at SLCC. Now that I've decided to go and I'm registered and everything I just want to start already. I think I'm excited for it... to a degree. I'm going to take an Italian class, which I am excited for. At least I'm excited to learn Italian, maybe not to actually be in the class, but close enough! My one other class is Intro/Imaginative Writing. I haven't told very many people this, but apparently now I'm going to declare it to the world (of my blog). I felt an impression quite a while ago that I should become a writer. Crazy weird, right? Oh, but then Russell told me out of the blue that he thought I would be a good writer because I read so much. He had just read something by Steven King about what to do to be/become a good writer for a class, and one of the things Steven King talked about was reading a lot. Coincidence? I think not! Actually I have no idea, maybe yes, maybe no. :)
The thought of being a writer, of any sort, kind of freaks me out, but it also appeals to me. Someday I want to write a book about my experience with depression and what I learned. Maybe it could help someone somewhere. Also I like the idea of working on something, sending it out into the world, and then just letting it work for me. The possibilities seem so much greater and more exciting than having a job that pays me wages or a salary. So there are some pros. The cons: the road of developing my style and skill and learning to write when I don't feel like it seems incredibly long and painful. It scares me! ...that's basically it for the cons; they're all pretty much summed up in that sentence, at least all that I can think of are. I'm rambling. I tend to do that. Focus...
I'm still working, scanning and filing my little heart out. A couple weeks ago two of the people I work with were gone on vacation, so I was picking up the slack. I loved it. In that week or so they were gone, I had a purpose; I was needed; I was worth the 9.31 they're paying me every hour. It put me in a very good mood. Now they're back, and I'm a subordinate again doing the lesser jobs and going crazy from boredom. But I'm still grateful, at least I'm trying to be.
I'm helping wage the war against Goose going crazy--er. I've been taking her out to fly just about every day. She's really quite lovable when she likes you, just not good at making new friends. I've been getting a little bit of exercise myself when I take her out. I run up or down the street when she's flying and she follows circling around me. :) It's not much, but it is more, so that's good. Yay for mutually beneficial relationships!
What was that? You want to know if I'm going anywhere exciting over the summer? I've got a good answer for you. HAWAII! It is going to be awesome! No way? Dude, I am totally serious and totally rocking out in the awesomeness of that which is awesome. Believe it!
Well I'm out of things to ramble about, so how about that?!
No comments:
Post a Comment